Is this a mimetools/rfc822 bug?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Mon Jun 25 15:45:17 EDT 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:09:16 +0800, "Andy" <andy at mindgate.net> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article
<L%LZ6.49263$Mq.1975264 at e420r-sjo3.usenetserver.com>:

:works fine.  But when there are leading newlines in samplemsg, it can't read
:the headers anymore.  (Of course, you can always use lstrip... but it took
:me a while before I found out - not a typical Python experience...)

So far as I know, leading newline characters are not allowed in the
header. A newline character indicates the end of the headers.

If you have a continuation line (a header that wraps and continues onto
a second line) the leading character should be either a single space, or
a horizontal tab character.

Each header is terminated by a newline character, which is followed
either by the name of another header field (on the next line), or a
space or tab, in the event of a continuation line. Else, if followed by
another newline character, this indicates the end of the headers and the
message body follows next.

I studied the RFCs recently, and I think this is what it said?

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/