qt or gtk?

Dominic oblivious at web.de
Sat Jun 16 09:35:23 EDT 2001

Rainy wrote:

> I want to learn python gui programming in linux. I think tk looks too ugly, so
> I narrowed down the choice to two main contenders, qt and gtk. Which of these
> has more complete and up-to-date python bindings? Are there other reasons
> to prefer one of these over another for python gui work?

The QT toolkit is technically better (quality of code). So some time
has passed since I had compared them. But I do not know how good
or bad the bindings are. I suggest you should use the tk toolkit
it seems to have a good binding and comes with the standard
python distribution. And the TCL/TK toolkit has a high quality.
So TK would be best in my humble opinion, and QT second.
(QT is not completely free but that doesn't make it bad, actually
it's the best X- Toolkit for C++ programming.)

Ciao,
 Dominic