Interfacing GUI applications..?

Mats Wichmann xyzmats at laplaza.org
Thu Jun 21 10:45:07 EDT 2001

On 20 Jun 2001 10:12:18 -0700, jeff at ccvcorp.com (Jeff Shannon) wrote:

:
:> Incidentally, ReportLab might interest you.  'Any-
:> one out there have any user reports on ReportLab?
:> I've cobbled together some of my own PDF manipula-
:> tions, but I'll happily discard all of them for a
:> well-done package.
:
:I'd be interested in hearing reviews/testimonials on ReportLab as well.
:Somewhere down near the bottom of my list of projects, I'm looking to
:create PDF docs automatically.  At first glance, ReportLab looks ideal,
:but reports of firsthand experiences are always good....

I've had limited experience with what's currently classified as a
"demo" application of ReportLab, PythonPoint.  It produces PDF from a
presentation language (which is just XML), and seems to do so
correctly. So far I'm happy with the quality... [[there was a problem
that cropped up with ReportLab 1.07 caused by Python 2.1's changing to
outputting literals in hex instead of octal, but there's a patch for
that or it may be fxed in the 1.08 release that was just announced]]

So... thumbs up from me.

Mats Wichmann

(Anti-spam stuff: to reply remove the "xyz" from the
address xyzmats at laplaza.org. Not that it helps much...)