Creating Typeinfo for Python COM servers?

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Thu Jun 7 18:52:14 EDT 2001

Thomas Heller wrote:

> Next question:
> Assuming a tlb file is available, how can I plug it
> into the server, so that GetTypeInfoCount() and GetTypeInfo()
> return something useful?

You would need to change PyGatewayBase.cpp, and have it delegate the
calls into the "policy" object - just like "Invoke" does now.

> BTW: Where is actaully the _implementation_ of the COM server
> object? PyGatewayBase.cpp?

Kind-of - that is the raw implementation of IDispatch.  The logic is all
contained in win32com\server\policy.py

Thus, policy.py would hold the actual implementation of the 2 functions.

Mark.