Newbie

Kalle Svensson kalle at gnupung.net
Mon Jun 11 19:42:17 EDT 2001

Sez Gustaf Liljegren:
> justsurfn2004 at aol.com (Justsurfn2004) wrote:
>
> > Hello, im a newbie to all this programming stuff and i just downloaded
> > python and i want to know how to use it. Can anyone reccommend any
> > websites for me to go to on how to use it?
>
> It takes some *reading*.
>
> Download the Python documentation in PDF and start reading the tutorial.

PDF format?  What format you prefer doesn't have much to do with it, has it?
It's all the same content.  I myself prefer HTML for reading by the
computer, and PostScript for printing.

Anyway, I don't particularily recommend the tutorial in the standard docs.
Alan Gauld's "Learning to Program" is better for a beginner, IMO.
It can be found on http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/ or as a dead-tree book
by the name of "Learning to Program Using Python", published by
Addison-Wesley.

> And www.python.org have some other nice tutorials and "getting started"
> papers. Read, or hire a private mentor. :-)

Don't hire one mentor, get 1031 tutors for free! <wink>

Peace,
  Kalle
--
Email: kalle at gnupung.net     | You can tune a filesystem, but you