zodb install problem on Windows

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 27 03:12:52 EDT 2001

Andy Todd:
> A-ha, I almost suspected as much ;-) Thanks very much for the info.
>
> I think I've got an old version of DJGPP knocking about somewhere, would
> that be up to the job? I'm presuming if I get it installed I will also
need
> to tell distutils where it is?

   It may be up to the job. distutils found my copy of Microsoft Visual C++
and ignored the available gcc and Borland compilers even though gcc is
earlier on the path.

   There is now a package available at:
http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/zodbwin.zip
   This includes 4 setup programs that should each be run. There may be an
installation order required and the README says to install in this order
(the 5th step for ZEO is omitted because I don't have it installed):
1) zodb-basic
2) ExtensionClass
3) ZODB
4) BTrees