Zope questions and comments (&Tkinter???)

Wade Leftwich wade at lightlink.com
Sat Jun 2 17:33:56 EDT 2001

I made several attempts at Zope beginning at the beginning, in fall
1998. I never got much traction until recently, with the release of
Zope Page Templates.

No more DTML! I now have a pretty good-sized project moving forward
nicely. All the code is in Python Scripts, and all the presentation is
in ZPT.

As most of the previous posters have observed, Zope is big and
complex. The key for me was to find a workable subset so I could start
making progress.

The Zope Book, available at www.zope.org and coming out in print this
summer, is quite good. I believe that Beehive.de, a German company
that does Zope development and training, has one or two books coming
out also. They have recently opened a U.S. office in DC.

-- Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY