best language for 3D manipulation over web ?

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Wed Jun 6 12:48:50 EDT 2001

"Attila Feher" <Attila.Feher at lmf.ericsson.se> wrote in message
news:3B1E5912.CBB0BCA9 at lmf.ericsson.se...
> Rainer Deyke wrote:
> > SDL: Game API wrapper.  LGPL, so it can be (and has been) used in
> > closed-source commercial software.
> >
> > wxWindows: GUI API wrapper.  LGPL with additional permission to
redistribute
> > in binary form without restriction, so it can be (and has been) used in
> > closed-source commercial software.
>

> Thanx!  I have never payed enough attention than...  So you use
> wxWindows?

Not yet, but I'm planning to.

http://www.libsdl.org

>  Who
> knows :-)))  Do U think I could write a UML thing based on wxWindows?

I'm not really qualified to comment on that.

> What OSs does it support?  Is Apple in it?  As far as I remember it
> supported X only, which is a trouble if you want to write sthg you whish
> to be used in high security places... (like Pentagon :-)))

>From the wxWindows FAQ:

What platforms are supported by wxWindows 2?
  * Windows 3.1, Windows 95/98, Windows NT;
  * Linux and other Unix platforms with GTK+;
  * Unix with Motif or the free Motif clone Lesstif;
  * Mac OS; A Mac OS X port is in progress.
  * A BeOS port is being investigated.
  * A Windows CE port is being investigated.
  * An OS/2 port is in progress, and you can also compile wxWindows for GTK+
or Motif on OS/2.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com