[pygtk] Re: getopts confusion

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Fri Jun 29 17:20:32 EDT 2001

On 30 Jun 2001, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> Yes, some.  I played around some more, and the app that fails has a GUI,
> the other is a command line app.  There is a single import I do (from
> gnome.ui import *) that stuffs it up, if the getopt stuff comes before
> this import I don't get that error, if I cut and paste the getops till
> after this import I get the above error.

Nameclashes, perhaps? Check out the list of symbols defined inside
gnome.ui - dir(gnome.ui) - and see if it clashes with something defined
inside getopt. Bottom line: don't use from foo import bar, it's evil.

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311