How useful do you find the interactive interpreter?

Joal Heagney s713221 at student.gu.edu.au
Sun Jun 24 01:01:47 EDT 2001

Chad Everett wrote:

> On 23 Jun 2001 17:58:18 -0700, slaytanic killer <slaytanic_killer at disinfo.net> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am looking at Python seriously, and I can see that the interpreter
> >would be really good for testing out ideas.  Getting small things to
> >work and then switching over to a text editor to generalize what I've
> >learned.  Is this how people generally use it?  Or is it an even
> >deeper part of coding?
> >
> >Thanks.

For quick tests, the interpreter is handy. But for long blocks of codes
involving for/until, if/then, try/except blocks, you may find the Python
shell of Idle a more user-friendly environment - plus you can drop your
successful attempts straight into a python script. :)

--
      Joal Heagney is: _____           _____