module for A/D-converter?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Jun 29 07:44:50 EDT 2001

"Arend von der Lieth" <arend at vonderlieth-online.de> wrote ...
    Hi everybody,

    I am wondering if there is a way to implement a program (with python of
    course) that reads values from an A/D-converter card.
    More precisely: I want to read data from an oscilloscope and do not want
    to use the languages that we used before (C, Pascal, VBS)

"It depends" is the best answer from the available information. What does it
depend on? Well, your OS environment and the interface to the hardware.

If you have it attached to a serial port you might look at:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py

and query for "serial". Do you have a device driver? If so then Python might
well be able to use it. At the very worst, you could write a C extension to
do the hardware accesses. This might require root (Unix) or Administrator
(NT/2000) privileges to get access to the hardware.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/