Error connecting to COMServer

Mike Müller mmueller at dgfz.de
Fri Jun 8 08:34:16 EDT 2001

Hi,

with the help of a wizard in a compiler I managed to create an COM
server in FORTRAN. Testing from VB works fine just by choosing the
registered server in the projects/Verweise (sorry only German Version)
menu.
<VB>
Dim Adder As New AddingMachine
</VB>
creates the server object.

Unfortunately from python I get:

>>> from win32com.client import Dispatch
>>> a = Dispatch("Adder.AddingMachine")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "D:\code\Python\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 94, in
Dispatch
    dispatch, userName =
dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,clsctx)
  File "D:\code\Python\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 66, in
_GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
    return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName)
  File "D:\code\Python\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 57, in
_GetGoodDispatch
    IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx,
pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
com_error: (-2147418113, 'Schwerer Fehler', None, None)

which is a 'Catastrophic failure' at least the –2147418113
translates to this.

It does not matter if I use COM Makepy or not, the error remains.
I do NOT know where to look. The compiler generated a bunch of files
(*.idl, *.f90., *.def).
Where could be the problem? What would be the most important place to
look?
Can I conclude anything if I look into at the file generated by COM
Makepy?

Thanks for some hints?

Mike