pydoc memory leak

Charles Harrison speedy911 at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 22 11:07:17 EDT 2001

Hello,
  My name is Charles Harrison and I work for a company out of Mclean
Virginia called Innovative Concepts Inc.  Our company uses Python
extensively to run testing scripts on our communicartions hardware
which
we are developing.  I recently dicovered pydoc and immediatly knew
that
we needed to have it for the documentation of our testing scripts.  I
had no problem setting it up and tweaking the output to our needs, but
noticed that there is a memory issue after the program has been
running
as a webserver.  For every new file that is requested, more and more
memory is allocated to the server which is running Linux.  Some
modules
will add as much as 4MB to the memory allocated to the server.  This
would not be a problem if it was flushed as soon as the page was
displayed, but the memory continues to add up and the server is
eventually allocating more than 25MB to the pydoc webserver.  I have
tried deleting the modules after they are used in the ModuleScanner()
class and some other places, but none seem to free the memory.  If you
have any insight to why it does this or where I could alter the code
fix this problem it would be much appreciated.  Thank you very much
for any help you can provide

Charles Harrison