PEP 259: Omit printing newline after newline

John Machin machin_john_888 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 01:59:18 EDT 2001

Guido van Rossum <guido at digicool.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.992290220.14360.python-list at python.org>...
> Please comment on the following.  This came up a while ago in
> python-dev and I decided to follow through.  I'm making this a PEP
> because of the risk of breaking code (which everybody on Python-dev
> seemed to think was acceptable).

> PEP: 259
> Title: Omit printing newline after newline
> Version: $Revision: 1.1 $
> Author: guido at python.org (Guido van Rossum)
> Type: Standards Track
> Python-Version: 2.2
> Created: 11-Jun-2001
> Post-History: 11-Jun-2001

Is this message forged? Is it still April 1 out there? Have I stumbled
into the comp.lang.parrot newsgroup?

If all answers are "no", than all I can do is quote the advice given
by Oliver Cromwell in a letter to the General Assembly of the Church
of Scotland: "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, consider you
might be mistaken."