tummy compile Mandrake 7.2

myself twofingersalute at atl.mediaone.net
Tue Jun 12 20:30:53 EDT 2001

In article <3B25F742.F4E25C37 at student.gu.edu.au>, "Joal Heagney"
<s713221 at student.gu.edu.au> wrote:

> myself wrote:

<nothing of import>

<Joal wrote some cool stuff, but you'll have to backtrack>

hey Joal, I hate to break it to ya, but YOU'RE DA MAN!! I never would have
figured all that out, and certainly would never have proceeded to the rpm
-bb stage after what looked like a total failure of the rpm -bi. So far it
looks good, but even if it turns out things aren't exactly right, I
learned a lot, and could go back in and try again.

A few notes- used python2-2.1-5.src.rpm- changelog looked ok, so why not;
along the way installed openssl & -devel-0.9.6-7, expat & -devel-1.95.1-3,
and libgmp3-3.11-3, all mdk.i586.rpm, mostly cooker IIRC, no dep. probs.
w/ any. Line #'s were different in spec file, but your instructions were
clear enough that it didn't matter.

from reprtest:

122 tests OK.
1 test failed: test_socket ("already in use").
14 tests skipped: test_al test_bsddb test_cd test_cl test_dbm test_dl
test_gl test_idev test_sundry test_winreg test_winsound

which is vast improvement- as user I previously had more skips and
<gasp> crashes on some imp't ones like _builtin_ and _types_!

many thanks! and to the group- in most other ng's, there are always folks
whose purpose in life seems to be ridiculing the newbie (and other lost
souls). That almost never happens here; I've only posted in two threads,
and already given you guys ample opportunity. Thank you for your civility
and patience.

ps- do toilets *really* flush clockwise in the land downunder?