pair programming, vim?

Rainy sill at optonline.net
Sun Jun 17 00:21:49 EDT 2001

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:25:59 GMT, Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> wrote:

>>Did anyone try pair programming over the net? In particular, is it possible
>>to set up vim with a shared buffer or, failing that, some other editor?
>
> I believe that this isn't possible, although I could be mistaken. If you
> *do* happen to find a multi-user text editor (multiple cursors, perhaps)
> on windows, please let me know. This would be useful to have around.
> Although network latencies can lead to some... ah, wierd... outcomes,
> yes. The company I work for years ago had a product like this for Unix.
> It was called "Slate".
>
> C//

Well, i was thinking more like one person codes, while another *looks*
at the buffer and they have a query window through irc to talk. In that
scenario latency isn't a big deal, I guess. That doesn't sound too hard
to implement, i can't believe it hasn't been done to vim.

--
Delay not, Caesar.  Read it instantly.
                -- Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar" 3,1