Standalone .exe's using installer/builder question

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jun 21 11:43:01 EDT 2001

In article <90C76054Egmcmhypernetcom at 199.171.54.155>,
Gordon McMillan <gmcm at hypernet.com> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>>C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\temp\Standalone.py test.py -tk
>>
>>anyideas???
>
>Yes. Due to a Windows problem, you have to say:
>
>python C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\temp\Standalone.py test.py -tk
>^^^^^^
>
>or the command line args don't make it to Standalone.py.
>
>- Gordon

Let me be sure I understand:  it's not a "problem" in the
sense that there is a fault specific to the installer or
Python that anyone expects to change, right?  Windows is
*designed* in such a way that natural installations, in
effect, discard command-line arguments--correct?

Incidentally, I believe there's a tweak we can make to the
Windows installation (basically, complexifying some of the
data inserted in the Registry) to allow such shortcuts to
work as those of us coming from Unix expect.  I've never
pursued it, out of fear for what could go wrong once we
get intimate with the Registry.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net