Task isolation in Python?

Adrian Solis asolis at mobilian.com
Thu Jun 7 13:14:55 EDT 2001

Hi!

I am writing a program to run test scripts, and I need to have tasks running
sequentially. However, I'd like to ensure (to a reasonable degree) that if
one task fails or takes too long, the others can still run. Is there a good
way to do this in Python running in a Win2k environment (some monitoring
software I have to use run only on that platform)?

I'm thinking that if I spawn new processes and kill misbehaving ones, I'll
be able to mostly acheive this goal, but Python's process control under
Win2k is lacking. Has anyone run into this problem before? What could be
possible solutions?

Thank you!

Adrian