Python for Commercial Games?

Emmanuel Astier emmanuel.astier at winwise.fr
Wed Jun 27 09:26:34 EDT 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:46:36 -0500, "Kevin Riggle"
<vj$ri^gg#guess#l55e at mt$*guess#&cn1e#t.!@n()et> wrote:

>I *do* realize that I'm posting to comp.lang.python , so please humor me
>anyway...
>
>I am in process of designing a computer game;  problem is, I want to at
>least have a snowball's chance in Hades of selling the game.  My question:
>Would it be possible to write the dang thing in Python (PyWin), or is C/C++
>the better option in the Windows-centric world of game development right
>now?  Thanks in advance,
>
>Kevin

Most (ALL ?) commercial games that use Python only use it as a script
language.
Most of the real code ( display, 3D, Ia ) is made in C/C++ for
performance reasons. Python just use this code...

It really depends on what your game looks like, but I don't think it
is really possible now to write a full real commercial game in python
without extend / embed it with C/C++.