Discovering custom servers over internet/Broadcasting/P2P

Thomas Weholt thomas at gatsoft.no
Mon Jul 16 07:38:18 EDT 2001

Hi,

I want to write custom web-server which can respond to broadcasts over the
internet. The point is that I want to be able to start a server which
discovers other servers running on the internet and provides a list of
running servers.

This is sort of like every P2P solution available. I do not want to rely on
a central server to obtain info on running servers.

I'm not great at network-programming, rather a newbie, but any hints or
clues appreciated.

Thomas