FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Hernan M. Foffani hfoffani at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 08:21:29 EDT 2001

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> I <hfoffani at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > One minor suggestion:
> > I think it would help if you set a convention for the name
> > of the first argument in classmethods. Like self for standard
> > methods. Well, even self can "work" here, too.
>
> I think 'self' would be confusing.  I'd like to propose 'cls'.
Fine for me.

I've read the get/set description and here another new convention
may apply as well:
   - the name of the internal storage attribute.
     like: "__"+attribute_name
   - the name of the get/set methods.
     like: "get"+attribute_name

Will the stdlib begin to use the get/set machinery?
I guess it's going to be a long and tedious, though not
complicated, task to modify it all.
The community may help a lot here.

Regards,
-Hernan