Language change and code breaks

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Fri Jul 20 03:12:07 EDT 2001

On 19-Jul-2001 Guido van Rossum wrote:
 >  Bruce Sass <bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> writes:
 >
 > > The short of it is... ya got less symbols to work with, therefore it
 > > is less <something>... why is that good for programmers?
 >
 >  You flunked math, right?  The number of available identifiers is still
 >  infinite...

That comment was not necessary. What Bruce must mean is that the average
length of an identifier will be larger with case insensitiveness than
with case sensitiveness. I am sure you understood that.

And I am neutral in this discussion - at least for the moment.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343