Postgres support

robin at illusionsexeculink.com robin at illusionsexeculink.com
Tue Jul 3 08:33:43 EDT 2001

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>You can do one of three things:
>
>    * implement it and keep it to yourself
>    * implement it and release it for others to use/improve
>    * find someone willing to do it for you for a fee (perhaps a fee of $0)

It would have to be #3 for me, as I am not C proficient. I thought
that an appeal to this knowledgable group was in order first, and this
seems to have produced a comprehensive low-level answer by Gerhard.

What is still needed is a high-level perspective on the greater
problem of providing a Python distribution that is "ready for action"
across major database and OS platforms.

I hope someone at python.org or ActiveState or somewhere is aware of
this need and are working to fill it.

-----
robin                          robin at illusionsexeculink.com
media artist /                 remove illusions to reply
information architect          www.execulink.com/~robin/

Isolation tank paves way to execute an attack.