PythonCOM and Office. Arrgh!

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Jul 12 15:21:53 EDT 2001

Matthew wrote:

> No matter what I try, I CAN NEVER get named keyword arguments to do
> anything via PythonCOM Excel automation.

Hmm, I'm using Excel automation with keyword args with no
problem--Office/Excel 97, ActiveState Python 2.0 on Win95
(build 202) and NT4.0 (build 203).

self.xl = win32com.client.Dispatch('Excel.Application')
self.xlBook = self.xl.Workbooks.Add()
.
.
.
#SaveFormat defined to save in Excel95 format...
self.xlBook.SaveAs(filename, FileFormat=SaveFormat)
self.xlBook.Close(SaveChanges=0)

I'm not using the Password argument anywhere, but you say
you're having the same problem with other functions, so...

Is it only your Application object that is having problems
with keyword args?  My code seems to only use them with
my workbook objects.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International