Case insensitivity

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jul 20 11:36:40 EDT 2001

Sheila King wrote:

> But case-sensitivity was never an issue. I mentioned it one day, and
> explained it, and I don't remember it ever being a problem, where a
> student called me over to his/her machine and asked me for help
> finding
> a bug, and it came out to be related to case-sensitivity. I don't
> remember this happening even once. There were many other bugs that
> made
> us tear our hair out, but never, never this.

Indeed.  Beginners may grumble and moan about case sensitivity, but my
experience the only folks who complain about case sensitivity are those
who started off with a language that is case sensitive (BASIC or Pascal
for instance).

There are lots of places where beginners stumble and get confused when
learning programming.  I just don't see case sensitivity as one of them.

/  \ The color is red / Under my shoe
\__/ Neneh Cherry
    Esperanto reference / http://mirror/alcyone/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.