Language change and code breaks

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jul 27 12:36:43 EDT 2001

In article <A%287.1144$oc6.134253 at e420r-atl3.usenetserver.com>, Steve Holden wrote:
>[posted & mailed]
>
>"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote ...
>>
>> But never mind, I'm giving up on making *Python*
>> case-insensitive. The hostility of the user community is
>> frightening.
>>
>I find this a saddening remark. Perhaps the vehemence of some
>of the reactions is an indication of how much users value your
>language.

People only get upset about something if they care about it.
The more you care about something, the easier it is to get
upset.  Then Usenet just magnifies the whole thing.  Hopefully
c.l.p will return to it's previous, freakishly nice, mood.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I want to dress you
                                  at               up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and