proposed language change to int/int==float (was: PEP0238 lament)

Steve Horne sh at ttsoftware.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 14:15:34 EDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:46:20 -0500, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com>
wrote:

>completely foreign to people.  After years of bit rot in their brains due to
>calculator crutches they may need a minute to refresh, that should be all.

My calculator supports integers - and not with a second integer
button, I just set the mode and it all works happy. I think it has
separate modulo and remainder functions as well - but the battery died
five years ago and I don't really remember.

At school, I once took a calculators test despite having forgot my
calculator that day. I finished in half the time anyone else did, and
was the only person to get a perfect result.

Intellectual decline is not what it used to be ;-) - apparently the
avarage childs IQ these days (I forget the exact age range) is around
120. Must it's all the TV and video games ;-)

--
Steve Horne
Home : steve at lurking.demon.co.uk
Work : sh at ttsoftware.co.uk