Pedants R us (was RE: Language change and code breaks)

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 10:53:52 EDT 2001

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> In my usage, a "programmer" is someone who is a
> professional code-slinger, 8-12 hours a day.

Eek - I hope you don't really mean that last subclause!

a. You've been working in the USA too long - those are long working
hours (40 hours and *way* up).

b. What about people working part time - e.g., me - aren't we allowed to
be programmers as well?

I know I've labelled this as a pedantic issue, but please *do* be
careful!

obPython - I've actually managed to be *paid* to program in Python this
week - ah, bliss, rather than working in C.

Tibs

Well we're safe now....thank God we're in a bowling alley.
- Big Bob (J.T. Walsh) in "Pleasantville"