Distributed computing using SOAP. What about speed ?

Rich Salz rsalz at zolera.com
Mon Jul 30 10:51:54 EDT 2001

> The background of the Beepcore principals is in Tcl.

Oh, that's like saying John Cleese wrote a few jokes.

Marshall Rose is a protocol wonk like nobody's business, and BEEP is a
thing of beauty.  As for SOAP over BEEP, let's just say that he and I
are both more skeptical of a grand unification than Eamon is.  I'm
contemplating writing a BEEP implementation, although I think
WSDL-for-ZSI might come first.

ZSI, the Zolera SOAP Infrastructure, is yet another SOAP
implementation. Full open source, release is imminent; for the next
week or so interested parties might want to take a look at the docs,
available at http://www.zolera.com/resources/opensrc; I'd love to hear
feedback.

> 'Twill be entertaining to implement the RFCs for Py-
> thon, though, no?

I think you'd find a pyBeep implementation "much, much appreciated"
	/r$