Marking a Python COM server safe for Internet Explorer

Bill Bell bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Sat Jul 7 13:54:49 EDT 2001

Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote, in part:
> [T]he win32com.axscript.axscript module supports IObjectSafety.
> Once you import this module any Python COM object can implement
> this interface like any other.

This is the kind of solution for which I was actually looking. I did
find that module by looking for the interface name as text but
couldn't be sure how to use it. I'm looking forward to trying out that
kind of thing.

"Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote, in part:
> [Add] CATID_SafeForScripting or CATID_SafeForInitializing ... [s]ee
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q161/8/73.ASP

And I know how to bung entries into the registry and that approach
is adequate for my present purposes. So that's what I've done.

Gentlemen, thanks very much!

Bill Bell, Software Developer