[Q] Python, GUI, and Java

Young-Jin Lee ylee12 at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:23:26 EDT 2001

Hi, all.
I'm new to Python. I heard many applause on Python, especially ease of
programming, and I want to use Python. I read the python tutorial on the
python home page, but it didn't have all I wanted to know.
>From my first expression on Python, it is better for server side
programming. Can I use Pythong to develop a client application with a GUI?
It looks like I should you Tkinter. How powerful is it? How easy is it?
And is there any way to connect Python application and Java application? I
have been developing a Java application (it's quite large) and I don't want
to rewrite it with JPython.

Any comment would be of great help.
TIA.

YJ