PEP: Defining Unicode Literal Encodings (revision 1.1)

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sun Jul 15 01:56:30 EDT 2001

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

>> It could be also nice to be able replace keywords with localised ones.
>> Python remains nice even after translating into Russian.
>
>Eek, no please !  VisualBasic went down that road and
>backed out again... it's simply a complete nightmare.

I know. Its very unpleasant to see russian names for functions in Excel. I
myself will probably never use such thing. And also it is doable with very
simple preprocessor, so there is no reason to change Python.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Sunday, July 15, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/