Case insensitivity

Uberto Barbini uberto at usa.net
Fri Jul 27 08:57:44 EDT 2001

> Has case sensitivity been found to be a significant
> issue?
>
> "Not once."
>
> Even surprised me a bit.

I'm a Pascal guy, so I have code insensitive in the blood.
But I switch to Python without any problem, for the other benefits.
Anyway I teach Ansi-C at University of Milan and my experience is
different from
Sheila King's.

I have 80 students and about 50% of first-day problems are
misspellings, many of them include case-sensitive.
They disappers after 3 or 4 lessons so it's not a big issue.

In my working experience case sensitive is a problem only because you
can't pronounce the case of words. At least do you know enough of
language-specific case convenction than you can figure it by yourself,
but I don't understand why someone included it at first ;).

Bye Uberto