Unusual minidom behaviour: Part Deux

Victor Bazarov vAbazarov at dAnai.com
Sat Jul 28 13:10:50 EDT 2001

"Martin von Loewis" <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote...
> "Victor Bazarov" <vAbazarov at dAnai.com> writes:
>
> > So, I dug deeper and found out that two threads were apparently
> > struggling to get xml.sax.__init__ module to execute a very
> > suspect __import__("xml.sax.expatreader").
>
> How exactly did you find out about that? If one of the threads would
> raise an exception that is not caught, would you see the traceback or
> would it get eaten silently by the calling Java application?

I don't know the answer to that question.  However, I think that
any exception that is not caught in Python code would be caught
in Python interpreter my Java application runs.  Is it not true?
Exceptions are not part of OS, are they?  They are a feature of
the language and Python language has nothing to do with the Java
environment.  Python's domain ends with the interpreter, doesn't
it?

Victor
--
Please remove capital A's from my address when replying by mail