Submodules in dynamic modules?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at Virginia.EDU
Thu Jul 26 11:39:33 EDT 2001

> I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing here.  I don't want to
> import other Python modules, I want to have several submodules in my one C
> library file (foomodule.so on unix).  I guess I COULD have several .so
> files and import them like you do here, but that would be unnecessarily
> complicated!

No -- these are all in one dynamic lib: Carbonmodule.so.
On "classic" MacOS, they were all separate libs.
( PPC MacOS followed AIX in having explicit import and export files
  so it was easy to say where exactly other symbols would be resolved.)
On OSX, I could not figure out how to get them to link
separately without either multiply defined or undefined symbols,
so all of the Carbon toolbox modules were linked into a single
dynamic lib.

This *sounds* like what you're asking for, is it?

-- Steve Majewski