Is Python Dead? Long Live Python!

Kemp Randy-W18971 Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com
Tue Jul 10 18:13:22 EDT 2001

So an interesting question is raised.  If PHP and Ruby are gaining
acceptance because they address business needs, what needs to be done to
carry Python in that direction?  And while Java may be slow, Sun pushing it
for business solutions also gives that language acceptance.  How can Python
become as popular as Perl, Java, or PHP?