Emacs parseable Python - Error output

Alex new_name at mit.edu
Wed Jul 4 19:53:21 EDT 2001

> Is there a way to produce error output with python, that can be
> processed by emacs' compile-mode ?  This way it would be possible to
> jump quickly to the position where the error occured.

Try "M-x apropos py-.*-exception" to see a list of functions in python
associated with jumping to exceptions.  I don't use them, (I run my
code in an interactive python interpreter, and run pdb.pm(), which also
causes emacs to display the location of the current frame in another
window) but it looks like py-find-next-exception, py-up-exception, and
py-down-exception are what you're after.

Alex.