SQL-SELECT against View via ODBC?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jul 2 13:41:56 EDT 2001

"""The eGenix.com Commercial License is covers commercial eGenix.com
software, notably the mxODBC package. Only private and non-commercial use is
free of charge. Usage of the software in commercial settings such as for
implementing in-house applications in/for companies or consulting work where
the software is used as tool requires a "Proof of Authorization" which can
be bought from eGenix.com. """

It's fairly clear that using it in-house requires a license.

"""Pricing is USD 75.00 for a 1-CPU license, USD 700.00 for the 10-CPU
license and USD 6,500.00 for the 100-CPU license. We also offer a site and
corporate licenses; please write to sales at egenix.com for quotes on these."""

But it isn't outrageous for a single CPU. Personally I'd like to see the
pricing scale down a little faster for quantities, but since I'm not (yet)
making commercial use of the software this isn't an issue.

Also note that you can use the product in a commercial environemnt for 30
days, for evaluation purposes, after which continued use requires a license.

Finally, note that I am not connected with eGenix, nor M-A Lemburg, and just
took this stuff from the appropriate web site pages.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/