cost of change

Sean Reifschneider jafo-pythonlist at tummy.com
Tue Jul 24 20:25:09 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:11:49PM -0500, Galen Swint wrote:
>Thats $30 *million*, and all those numbers are surely low -- especially the

That assumes that *EVERYONE* upgrades everytime there's a new release out.
It seems that Python 2.x is being fairly commonly installed as "python2",
which allows retaining Python 1.5 and 2.x code...

However, I've found that most of my code doesn't require modifications for
new versions.  Mostly I'm sticking with 1.5.2 because I don't want to
install Python 2.1 on dozens of machines unless I have to.  And I don't.

Sean
--
 An infallible method of conciliating a tiger is to allow oneself to be
 devoured.  -- Konrad Adenauer