Threading.Event w/ timeout veeeeeery slow on win32?

Ville Vainio vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi
Thu Jul 12 01:39:27 EDT 2001

cliechti at mails.ch (chris liechti) writes:

> what is the timeout value?
> i've had problems with time.sleep() when using values smaller than 20ms
> (0.02). I'm now using 30ms wich works fine.

Several seconds. I suppose timer resolution wouldn't cause delays at
that scale (at least delays of that magnitude - almost 1 sec). It
almost seems like the Event version with timeout checked once a second
whether the event had been set() during the past second.

--
Ville Vainio - http://www.tp.spt.fi/~vvainio - ICQ #115524762
 Wild geese have no intention to cast a reflection