Not enough Python library development [was PEP scepticism]

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm at normik.dk
Thu Jul 5 03:24:19 EDT 2001

> From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paulp at ActiveState.com]

> Well, that's better than what we have today. And the Vaults (what we
> have today) is better than what we had before it. Incremental
> steps are
> the only path that will lead to success.

Obviously there is something I have missed here.

If what we need is a system that can manage modules, versions,
interdependencies, searching, different comunication protocols like ftp,
http, webdav, a web interface and a Python client, Why don't we just write
it in Zope?

It doesn't sound like too big a problem to to make a Zope product that does
the above, well except the client, and we can build on all that allready is
in Zope.

So I guess that there must be something obvious that I have overlooked. Has
anybody got any links to where the dificulties are discussed?

regards Max M

                         - Nørgård Mikkelsen a/s -
             www.normik.dk - Vandværksvej 18 - DK 5000 Odense C
               Tlf (+45) 66 14 14 80 - Fax (+45) 66 14 19 43
                     Max M - Direkte (+45) 63 14 47 15