[Edu-sig] Post request and Dead-link note

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Jul 2 00:02:18 EDT 2001

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Dean Goodmanson wrote:

>Dear Educators and Programmers,
>
>I had indented to shorten this off-line written post but in the event of the
>last few days lull am going to lob it out there. Please bear with me.
>I have been enjoying the EDU-SIG list for a few weeks and Python for
>slightly more.  I have been doing C/C++ (and some Java/C# exploration┘does

>and grab-tempting moving paper and pen carousel.  My initial goal is to
>develop a joystick control by implementing a joystick reader in python to
>interpret and then send out HPGL commands to the plotter.

You can try Plotter's docs. For example, we had Roland plotter
and it was with the book where everything was explained.

I remember, that HPGL == IBMGL or something like that. It is very simple
language and you could use a vector drawing program like tgif
to generate HPGL code and analyse it.

In fact, I think almost any vector graphics editor could export
in HPGL.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Monday, July 02, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/