Putting a scrollbar on a frame

Rob Neely rneely at home.com
Tue Jul 17 22:46:29 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've got a Tkinter app which places a bunch of buttons on a frame,
where each button is a 100x100 image.  I'd like to put a scrollbar
along the frame so when my number of buttons exceeds the screen size
(about 30 or so), I can scroll down to see all of them...

I understand that the scrollbar only works on a Canvas, Text, and
Listbox.  Is my only option to overlay my frame with a canvas and put
the buttons (images) on the canvas?  Is that doable?

My guess is that it's doable - but I will have to rewrite my app so
that I'm not placing button widgets, but images instead - each bound
to a particular callback.

I also see that Pmw has a ScrolledFrame widget.  Is that my answer?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

--Rob