Comment on PEP-0238

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Jul 7 14:20:28 EDT 2001

"Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com> writes:

> If you're going to add keywords, why not add precision and allow those who
> want non-integer division to set it to the level of precision they require.
> That breaks no more code (presumably) than adding div or yield does.

I'm not sure what you're asking about.  If you're serious, please
submit a PEP!  This is the time to do it.  Posting to the newsgroup is
*not* sufficient to let an idea be heard by me -- you *have* to mail
it to me directly or to python-dev.  (While I like to read c.l.py
sometimes, I cannot guarantee that I see every post.)