PEP0238 lament

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jul 23 11:28:16 EDT 2001

    Tim> Indeed, nobody with a keen interest in numerics has bugged Guido
    Tim> about this except Moshe, that I know of; the most visible repeated
    Tim> pressures have come from educators using Python as a means to some
    Tim> other end.

I'm not a denizen of the edu-sig list, but Guido has mentioned the Alice
folks (I think they are the ancestors of the VPython folks) before as a
significant influence on his ideas about this subject.  Perhaps you would
class them as educators and not numeric people, but I would throw them in
the numeric camp.

Skip