OO misconceptions

Rainy sill at optonline.net
Mon Jul 16 22:07:02 EDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:24:40 GMT, Tim Hammerquist <tim at vegeta.ath.cx> wrote:
> All very good points. I have certain reservations, tho.  I dread
> waiting for Microsoft Word to startup as it is, written in compiled C++.
> I fear for the speed of anything of that scale and complexity
> implemented in Python.

I don't know this for a fact, but I heard someone saying that he/she
received some errors in Word97 (or maybe 2k) that demostrated word's
internal reliance on some sort of scripting language, most likely
VBscript. Can anybody confirm this?

Not that this matters much, a C++ program can easily be hundreds of
times slower than a python program if design is bad.

get it at: http://silmarill.org/cymbaline