Pinecones multiply like rabbits around here...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jul 24 07:55:08 EDT 2001

I was on a walk with my wife and dog yesterday.  Out of the blue I asked her
"what's the result of five divided by two?"  After a little back-and-forth
where she tried to figure out how I was trying to trick her and make her
look foolish she answered, "two-and-a-half".  I then posed, "Suppose you
have five pinecones and you want to clump them into groups of two.  What
would you do?".  Her answer was, "Put two in the first group, two in the
second group, and break the last pinecone in two so the third group would
have two as well."

Can we represent that in Python's arithmetic operations somehow? :-)

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/