No os._exit() in MacOS?

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Sun Jul 1 14:52:21 EDT 2001

I am having difficulty getting a Mac W applet to exit cleanly --
sys.exit(0) causes W.application.mainloop() to put up a traceback window
(and not quit), W.application._quit() causes W to stop responding (but
still not quit, unless called from a Quit event handler), and os._exit(0)
isn't available on the Mac.  Are there any other alternatives?

As a sign that this isn't only my problem, the BuildApplication applet that
comes with the 2.1 build has similar problems -- if you let it run to
completion, it gets into a state where you can't exit without
Cmd-Ctrl-Option-Esc.
--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/