web sessions support

robin at brainexeculink.com robin at brainexeculink.com
Mon Jul 23 08:20:22 EDT 2001

Jeff Davis <jdavis at empires.org> wrote:

>I have been looking around and I have not been able to find a session
>module for python (for the web). Basically I just need a normal session
>manager that can work somewhat like the one in PHP. I have recently been
>moving away from PHP to python for web stuff and I need a session manager.
>If no such module exists, I would write my own.

Well, that's what I did!

I built session support on top of Wasp, my platform-independent
open-source HTML preprocessor. Written in Python, this framework
provides an organised way of designing and programming a web
application. Template files containing powerful Wasp tags may be
easily customized through plug-in Python modules.

It's like PHP or ASP, except with the powerful Python language at your
fingertips.

It's here:
http://www.execulink.com/~robin/wasp/readme.html

Wasp is up to version is 1.25. Contributions are welcome!

-----
robin
robin at brainexeculink.com
(remove "brain" to reply)