Language change and code breaks

Robert Amesz rcameszREMOVETHIS at dds.removethistoo.nl
Tue Jul 24 11:43:35 EDT 2001

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Python currently also enforces consistently case-spelled code. I
> believe that this is good as well.

For what it's worth, I subscribe to that view too. What impresses me
the most about Python is the ease with which I can understand somebody
else's code. That is because Python forces its users to have a much
more consistent programming style than any other language I know of.

Having case sensitivity is a part of that, as you don't have to deal
with many individual casing preferences. Even if it wouldn't break a
line of code that alone would be enough reason not to change Python in
this respect. In my humble opinion, of course.

Robert Amesz